Apply to Graduate

You want to graduate and we want to make sure that happens! This degree progress check is how we are going to make sure that's possible. Please read through the entire process and upload your highlighted transcript. Students deferring graduation but would like to participate in the Human Biology graduation ceremony should fill out the Walking Request Form (available in Spring quarter)

Degree Progress Check

Seniors must complete a Degree Progress Check before they can apply to graduate in Axess by submitting a Highlighted Transcript (see directions below). Before you will be cleared for graduation, the course of study on file in SFACT must match the courses you have in fact completed. The window for Degree Progress Checks are as follows:

  • Autumn & Winter quarter graduates: Sept. 15th - October 13th; meeting with student services required.
  • Spring & Summer quarter graduates: January 10th - March 1st ; meeting with student services not required if SFACT is in an approved state.
    • Individual degree progress check dates are assigned for graduates by last name and are due on the Monday of the assigned week as listed below. 

      Week 2: A - C due January 15th

      Week 3: D - Ge due January 22nd

      Week 4: Go - K due January 29th

      Week 5: L - N due February 5th

      Week 6: O - R due February 12th 

      Week 7: S - Z due February 18th 

Course Changes

Students with course changes may meet with an SA prior to their Degree Progress Check to discuss those changes. If a course change is needed after you have completed your Degree Progress Check, e-mail humbioadvising [at] (HumBio student services)

Highlighted Transcript Directions

  1. Check the availability of courses in your course plan and course schedule for remaining quarters on Explore courses. 
    1. If no changes are needed to your Course of Study (COS) in SFACT and it is already in an approved state, you do not need to meet with student services, skip step 2. By submitting your highlighted transcript you have completed your degree progress check.  
  2. Schedule a meeting with Student Services to update your Course of Study (COS) in SFACT
    1. More than one change to the Depth courses requires writing an addendum to your original Cornerstone Essay which includes the added courses that need approval. Addendums should be added at the bottom of your original essay and uploaded to SFACT. 
  3. Obtain, from Axess, a copy of your transcript (unofficial is fine) and annotate, digitally or handwritten, with the following notation: 
    1. B for Breadth courses
    2. D for Depth courses
    3. U for Upper Division courses
    4. S for Statistics course
    5. C for Capstone course(s)
  4. Take care of any issues regarding outstanding grades for a prior quarter. A minimum grade of C- is required for the courses that fulfill the HumBio major requirements where a letter grade is required.
  5. If a course that you need in your requirements is not yet listed on your transcript (i.e., you are taking it the quarter of graduation), and/or if you are using Transfer Credit in your requirements, please list that course (Course Number, Title, and Units) on your transcript (top of the first page). Transfer credits should refer to this page for more details. 
  6. Save file as FIRSTNAME_LASTNAME_TRANSCRIPT.pdf. Upload your marked-up transcript by clicking the button below. Once received a Student Services Officer will review it and contact you if there are any concerns. 

    Highlighted Transcript Upload
  7. If you are applying for more than one undergraduate degree, complete the "Multiple Major/Minor Form" on Axess. 

Enrollment Holds

Failure to upload your highlighted transcript and complete your Degree Progress Check may result in an enrollment hold. To remove a hold, you must schedule a meeting with a Student Services Officer

After Your Degree Progress Check

Apply to graduate in Axess. Refer to the Registrar's website for specific dates and deadlines. You can find a step-by-step guide and other "to do" items on the Registrar's website. The Registrar's Office will send a separate email to Seniors regarding university requirements. Coterm students should contact their graduate program about when it is best to apply to graduate.

If a course change is needed after you have completed your Degree Progress Check, e-mail humbioadvising [at] (HumBio Student Services)