ATTENTION HUMBIO SENIORS: In order to be cleared for graduation, you MUST turn in your completed HumBio folder to the Student Services Team ON TIME!
Have you made changes to your Depth Requirement and/or Breadth Requirement? The changes must be approved before turning in your HumBio folder for the graduation degree progress check (please refer to "Step 1" below).
DEADLINE FOR CHANGING THE DEGREE OPTION (B.A. or B.S.) IS FRIDAY BEFORE THE END-QUARTER PERIOD TWO QUARTERS PRIOR TO THE GRADUATION QUARTER.
HumBio Folder Due Dates for Final Graduation Clearance 2019/20:
- Fall Quarter 2019: Friday September 27, 2019 (all changes to the Course of Study must be approved prior to this deadline)
- Winter Quarter 2020: Friday January 10, 2020
- Spring Quarter 2020: ALL Folder due Winter Quarter
- Athletes Deadline: Thursday February 20, 2020
- All other Seniors Deadline: Thursday March 5, 2020
- Seniors are encouraged to turn in their folders as soon as possible during Winter Quarter
Graduation Clearance Procedure:
Before completing the clearance procedure, it is important to FIRST take care of any issues regarding outstanding grades for a prior quarter – check your transcript on AXESS. A minimum grade of C- is required for the courses that fulfill the HumBio major requirements.
- Be sure your course of study (COS) form is up to date.
- Changes to your SFACT CoS must be cleared by an SA or Student Services Coordinator, and approved in SFACT by Student Services.
- Print (from Axess) a copy of your transcript (unofficial is fine!)
- Next to each class used for the Human Biology requirements, please write on your transcript the following notation:
- For Breadth Courses: B
- For Depth Courses: D
- For Upper Division Courses: U
- Also underline “Stats” and “Capstone”
- If a course that you need in your requirements is not yet listed on your transcript (i.e., you are taking it the quarter of graduation), and/or if you are using Transfer Credit in your requirements
- Please list that course (Course Number, Title, and Units) on your transcript (top of the first page)
- Turn in your marked-up transcript and HumBio folder (containing your up-to-date CoS sheet) to Lia Cacciari
- Be sure to write your phone number on the front of your folder or your transcript as you will be contacted if there are any questions about your graduation requirements
- The Capstone Requirement is cleared FIRST and ALL workshop and assignments must be submitted on Canvas and completed NO LATER THAN Sunday, May 10, 2020.
- Apply to Gradute in Axess NO LATER THAN Friday, April 10 in order to graduate in June
- This is a HARD Registrars deadline and there will be no exceptions
- Any Transfer Credit on your COS requires that the following 3 items in your HumBio folder by the deadline:
- Completed HumBio petition
- Course syllabus of outside work (required for courses transferred to the Depth Requirement)
- Transcript of outside work (from Transfer Credit office at the Registrars)
- Changes to your Depth Requirement of two or more classes require that you update your original HumBio proposal to reflect these changes
- A cap and gown must be worn to process in the main Commencement ceremony and Baccalaureate
- The deadline for online ordering is Monday, April 27
- This year's gowns are made up of 100% recycled materials
- One gown saves 74 bottles from the landfill!
- Read more about the EarthGrad Sustainable Gowns here.
For information about the diploma ceremony please see HumBio Diploma Ceremony
Read Stanford's Graduate Commencement Checklist for more information.
**Are you "WALKING" through the HumBio Diploma Ceremony?**
Seniors who would like to “walkthrough” the ceremony – those Seniors who plan to attend the ceremony and participate in the celebration, but who are not yet graduating, or who graduated in the prior quarter – MUST inform Lia Caciarri or Sam Cooper between March 1 through end of April so that your seating can be reserved
- A minimum of 165 units by the end of Spring Quarter are needed to walk through the Spring ceremony.