The Human Biology interdisciplinary program allows for transfer credits in a student's course of study. All students should meet with a HumBio student services officer to review your transferable coursework.
Transfer Unit Restrictions per major requirement
All coursework, unless otherwise specified, requires a syllabus and transcript to be submitted to HumBio's student services for review.
- HumBio Core: this requirement is generally not transferable.
- Statistics: parallel courses to the HumBio approved statistics courses are allowed.
- Breadth: 10 units of transferable quarter units are allowed (syllabus not required).
- Depth*: 1-2 courses, up to 6 transferable quarter units are allowed.
- Upper Division: transfer units are not allowed.
- Capstone: transfer units are not allowed.
*Note: Students who would like to transfer more than two courses taken during Spring 2020 and subsequent quarters impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic will need to provide syllabi and official transcripts for program review.
Any transfer credits accepted by Human Biology must be on the Stanford record, requested through the Registrar's Office. Please review the additional Transfer Credit Policy from the Registrar's Office.