Apply to Graduate
Degree Progress Check
Seniors must finalize their Course of Study (COS) in SFACT with a student services officer in a Degree Progress Check meeting before they can apply to graduate in Axess. Students with concerns about any COS changes may meet with an SA prior to their Degree Progress Check meeting to discuss those changes. Seniors are encouraged to schedule their Degree Progress Check meeting as soon as they have completed all the other steps in the Graduation Clearance Procedure (see below).
- September 14th - November 1st: Degree Progress Check window for students graduating in Autumn or Winter quarters.
- November 1st - March 5th: Degree Progress Check window for students graduating in Spring or Summer quarters.
To receive a reminder to schedule your Degree Progress Check meeting, sign up here.
Graduation Clearance Procedure
- Check the availability of courses in your course plan and course schedule for remaining quarters on Explore courses.
- Update your Course of Study (COS) if necessary.
- Any changes to your COS will be reviewed by a Student Services Officer during your Degree Progress Check meeting. You may meet with an SA to discuss your changes before the Degree Progress Check meeting.
- More than one change to the Depth courses requires writing an addendum to your original Cornerstone Essay which includes the added courses that need approval.
- Obtain, from Axess, a copy of your transcript (unofficial is fine) and annotate, digitally or handwritten, with the following notation:
- B for Breadth courses
- D for Depth courses
- U for Upper Division courses
- S for Statistics course
- C for Capstone course(s)
- Take care of any issues regarding outstanding grades for a prior quarter – check your transcript on Axess. A minimum grade of C- is required for the courses that fulfill the HumBio major requirements. Review COVID-19 policies for updated grade requirements.
- If a course that you need in your requirements is not yet listed on your transcript (i.e., you are taking it the quarter of graduation), and/or if you are using Transfer Credit in your requirements, please list that course (Course Number, Title, and Units) on your transcript (top of the first page).
- Upload your marked-up transcript to SFACT.
- If you are applying for more than one undergraduate degree, complete the "Multiple Major/Minor Form" on Axess.
- Schedule a meeting: https://go.oncehub.com/scooper. If you have no changes to your COS, this meeting will be no longer than 15 minutes.
After Your Degree Progress Check
Apply to Graduate, refer to Registrar's Office site for deadlines and other "to do" items 🎓
If a course change is needed after you have completed your Degree Progress Check, e-mail HumBio Student Services.
Regarding university requirements, the Registrar's Office will send a separate email to Seniors.