Apply to Graduate
Degree Progress Check
Seniors must complete a Degree Progress Check before they can apply to graduate in Axess by completing the Graduation Clearance Procedure (see below). The window for Degree Progress Checks are as follows:
- Autumn & Winter quarter graduates: September 13th - November 1st
- Spring & Summer quarter graduates: January 10th - March 1st
- Note, individual degree progress check due dates will be assigned for Spring graduates by last name. Schedule will be available Week 8 of Fall quarter.
Students with course changes may meet with an SA prior to their Degree Progress Check to discuss those changes. If a course change is needed after you have completed your Degree Progress Check, e-mail HumBio student services.
Graduation Clearance Procedure
- Check the availability of courses in your course plan and course schedule for remaining quarters on Explore courses.
- Update your Course of Study (COS) in SFACT. If no changes are needed and your COS is approved, you do not need to meet with a Student Services Officer.
- Schedule a meeting with a Student Services Officer if your COS is pending approval or you need to make changes to your COS.
- More than one change to the Depth courses requires writing an addendum to your original Cornerstone Essay which includes the added courses that need approval.
- Obtain, from Axess, a copy of your transcript (unofficial is fine) and annotate, digitally or handwritten, with the following notation:
- B for Breadth courses
- D for Depth courses
- U for Upper Division courses
- S for Statistics course
- C for Capstone course(s)
- Take care of any issues regarding outstanding grades for a prior quarter – check your transcript on Axess. A minimum grade of C- is required for the courses that fulfill the HumBio major requirements. Review COVID-19 policies for updated grade requirements.
- If a course that you need in your requirements is not yet listed on your transcript (i.e., you are taking it the quarter of graduation), and/or if you are using Transfer Credit in your requirements, please list that course (Course Number, Title, and Units) on your transcript (top of the first page).
- Save file as FIRSTNAME_LASTNAME_TRANSCRIPT.pdf. Upload your marked-up transcript by clicking the button below. Once received a Student Services Officer will review it and contact you if there are any concerns.
Annotated Transcript Upload
- If you are applying for more than one undergraduate degree, complete the "Multiple Major/Minor Form" on Axess.
After Your Degree Progress Check
Apply to Graduate, refer to Registrar's Office site for deadlines and other "to do" items.
If a course change is needed after you have completed your Degree Progress Check, e-mail HumBio Student Services.
Regarding university requirements, the Registrar's Office will send a separate email to Seniors.