The Spring Quarter 2020 will be starting one week later than originally published, on Monday April 6th. Instructors may not begin classes earlier than the new official start date. Please review the updated Academic Calendar.
In compliance with the Faculty Senate order, HumBio will accept S/NC grades towards all degree requirements in both the major and minor for all courses taken during Spring ‘20. Courses taken for Cr/NC in Winter ‘20 will be reviewed by student services on an individual basis.
All WIM courses completed in spring 2020 for S/NC will also count towards students' WIM graduation requirements
Declaration due dates:
- Course of Study - first approval by an SA due Wednesday, May 27th
- Cornerstone Essay - second approval by a different SA due Friday, June 5th
- Declaring HumBio, from course planning through 1st and 2nd approvals.
- Juniors with course of study changes.
- Questions about major requirements including course selection, statistics, and capstone. We encourage questions from freshmen considering the major.
- Note: Final approvals are handled by student services. Apply in Axess for the major and e-mail your unofficial transcript to Lia Cacciari or Samantha Cooper.
- Step 1: Check the schedule.
- Step 2: Add your name or initials to the Google sheet here: https://bit.ly/39mukwm
You will need to be signed in with your Stanford account.
- Step 3: An SA will add their Zoom link when they are available to meet with you.
- Step 4: Click on the link to start the Zoom call.
- HumBio Buzz Student Newsletter Archives
- Lia and Samantha are available to advise students and answer questions about the Human Biology program.
- Academic Advising
- Stanford Libraries
- CTL Student Learning Programs, including HumBio Core Tutors
- Remote Learning
- Learn Anywhere
- Health Alerts - COVID-19
- Office of Religious Life
- Virtual Well-Being by Vaden Health Services:
HumBio Student Advising Office Hours
Student advisor office hours are available for students who have the following requests:
How to Sign up for Student Advisor Office Hours
Lia and Samantha are also available to advise students when the SAs are not available.
HumBio Advising Resources
|Are you a FRESHMAN interested in learning more about HumBio?||Are you a SOPHOMORE working through the declaration process? Here are some helpful resources:|
|Do you need help with writing your CORNERSTONE ESSAY?||Do you need help FINDING COURSES?|
|What are the CAPSTONE OPTIONS?||Are you interested in getting a HUMBIO MINOR?|
HumBio is here to support you the best we can, and sometimes that means that the best resources are provided elsewhere. Here are some helpful student resources: