IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR HUMAN BIOLOGY'S DIPLOMA CEREMONY
We are so looking forward to coming together to celebrate the incredible Human Biology Classes of 2020, 2021, and 2022 this coming Sunday, June 12 from 12:30-3:00pm on the Main Quad. The ceremony is expected to last approximately one hour and will be immediately followed by a reception with light refreshments.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation in ensuring a smooth and successful ceremony. In preparation for the celebration, here are a few important details you need to know:
- Printed tickets are no longer required to be printed and presented upon arrival at the ceremony
- We strongly encourage that you arrive at the Main Quad early and be seated by no later than 12:15pm to not delay the celebration. The ceremony will begin promptly at 12:30pm and will last approximately one hour.
- Printed programs will be available at tables on both sides of the stage. The program will also be available on this page the morning of the ceremony.
- Guest seating is directly behind the reserved graduate seating and is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Wheelchair-accessible seating is available in the first row of guest seating. The limit is one companion seat per accessible seat.
- Please remain seated for the entirety of the ceremony so as not to disturb or block the view of those seated around you
- Professional photographers will be on-site taking photos of each graduate during the ceremony. These photos will be available for viewing and purchasing after the ceremony here.
- Due to the location of our ceremony, you will be in direct sunlight, with minimal shade, for the entirety of the celebration. At this time, it is forecasted to be 80° Fahrenheit that day. Please plan accordingly and be sure to bring hats, sunglasses, sunscreen, and ample water! Umbrellas are discouraged so as not to block the view of other guests.
- The Stanford Alumni Association will be offering light snacks and water in front of the Arrillaga Alumni Center. If you are in need of refreshments prior to the ceremony, especially those coming from the main commencement ceremony, we encourage you to stop by there on your way to the Main Quad.
- Immediately following the ceremony, we will be hosting a reception with light refreshments to the right of the stage, by Building 20 (a map will also be available in the program). The food and beverages will only be available once the ceremony has concluded. We ask that you kindly not help yourself to refreshments from the surrounding departments’ receptions.
As you may have seen, Stanford University has recently updated its COVID safety protocols for Commencement Weekend. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID test is no longer required. Visitors will no longer have to fill out the COVID-19 form. If a visitor tests positive for COVID-19, within 10 days of being on-site, they must complete the General COVID-19 Case Reporting Form. Please visit the Stanford HealthAlerts website for the latest updates on Stanford's COVID-19 safety protocols.
Important Deadlines: Application to Graduate
Saturday, February 26: Application to graduate opens in Axess for Spring conferral.
Friday, April 8 at 5pm: Application to graduate deadline. Summer conferrals should consult Registrar's website for deadlines.
Friday, May 27 at 5pm: Late application to graduate deadline (students will be charged a $50 late application fee). No applications will be accepted after this date.
Student deferring graduation, "walkers", should contact email@example.com
Cap and Gown Ordering Information
Monday, March 7: Cap and gown ordering website goes live - order now here!
Wednesday, April 13: In-store grad fair and custom regalia/class ring ordering deadline (to have in time for commencement)
Monday, April 25: Student/Faculty online cap and gown pre-order deadline
Monday, May 16: Last day for students to order for home delivery ($12.95 shipping)
Friday, May 27: Last day for students to order for home delivery with RUSH delivery ($19.95 shipping)
Tuesday, May 31: Pre-order cap and gown distribution begins
Thursday, June 2: Open stock distribution begins